- Class 1 (8/06/17)
Islamic History: 14 Masomeen
- Who are the 14 Masomeen?
- Game to help familiarize us with thier names
- What is the Differences between prophets and Imams when it comes to their role in Islam?
- Family tree of the Ahlulbayt starting with the grandfather of the Holy Prophet
- The tree of Islam (Level 3, Page 14)
- Usool ad-Deen
- Furoo ad-Deen
- Practice Salah and the meaning (Level 4, Page 88)
- Class 2 (8/13/17)
- Discuss the Period of Jahilia (ignorance)
- Establishment of Islam, and the life of the prophet prior to the revelation of Islam
- The significance of the Hijra calendar and the historical migration
- Imam Ali's role on the night of Prophet's migration
- Review Furoo ad-Deen
- Practice Salah and the meaning
- Class 3 (8/20/17)Ihkaam/Aqaid
- Tawheed (Level 3, Page 23)
- Submission to Allah
- Asma al-Husnaa
Islamic History: (Level 6, Page 225)
- Review the significance of the Migration of the Holy prophet from Mekka to Madina
- Learn about the first battle in Islam, Battle of Badr. When?
- For context we Identified who were the Quraish, Bani Hashim, Muhajirin and the ansars Ansars
- Discuss the treatment of the prisoners by the Holy Prophet after the Mekkans were defeated
- Makkans who were taken captive were told if they taught the Muslims to read and write, they would be allowed to live freely in the city.
- making it clear that knowledge was the first priority in Islam.
- Class 4 (8/27/17)
- Review the battle events of the Battle of Badr and its significance in Islamic History
- Story of Prophet Ibrahim, His interaction with the king of his time, Namrood and the big fire
- Prophet Ibrahim's status as an Imam & a Prophet as well as the Friend of Allah and how he got that title?
- How is Prophet Ibrahim related to the events of Hajj
Asma al-Husna: al-Khaliq, al-Kareem
- Class 5 (9/03/17)
- Discuss Hajj - What is Hajj, What do we do during Hajj what are the different locations we visit?
- What are our actions a reenactment of? (Prophet Ibrahim's test)
Asma al-Husna: al-Baseer, al-Qadeer (Level 2, Page 27)
- Class 6 (9/10/17)
- Adalat and Justice of Allah
- Do we want to be judged by Allah's Justice or mercy?
- Talk about names of Allah : Ar-Rahmaan, Ar-Raheem, Al-Adil (Level 1, Page 36)
- What happened durng the events of Eid-e-Gadeer and Eid-e-Mubahilla? When did they occur?
- Why are these events so important to me as a Shia?
- What do we learn from the Holy prophet when he asked the Christians to come back in less glamorous clothing?
- Class 7 (9/17/17)
- The event of Saqifa and Eid ul Ghadeer
- How are these two events connected to each other?
- Who was appointed to be the next Khalif of the time? Why do Shia disagree with this?
- play game for revision
Asma al-Husna: al-Aleem (Level 1, Page 40)
- Class 8 (9/24/17)
- Touched upon the life and death of Bibi Fatema (as)
- Why did Bibi Fatema want her funeral to be held secretly?
- Imam Ali and Bib Fatema
- The children of Bibi Fatema
- Nabuwwah (Level 4, Page 38)
- Qualifications of Nabi
- Difference between Nabi and Rasool
- Ulul 'Azm Prophets and the Divine Books
- (10/01/17) No Class
- Class 9 (10/08/17)
Islamic History (Level 3 , Page 254)
- Who was Imam Husayn?
- Imam Husayns Journey to Karbala
- Hurr's role in the events of Karbala
- Overview of the events of Karbala and the aftermath
- The journey of the women from Karbala to Kufa then to Shaam
- Bibi Zainab and the importance of the role of women in the survival of Islam
- Imamah (Level 4, Page 44)
- Why does an Imam have to be selected by Allah?
- Why do we need an Imam at all times?
- Class 10 (10/15/17)
- Story of Prophet Ibrahim an Prophet Ismai'l
- Qiyamah:(Level 4, Page 51)
For what purpose did Allah create us?
How will the Day of Judgment Happen?
- (10/22/17) No Class
Sunday School Gust Speaker
- Class 11 (10/29/17)
FRIENDS OF IMAM HUSAIN (A) (Level 3, Page 267)
Review history and Ihkaam by game
- Class 12 (11/5/17)
- Story of Imam Ali (AS) (Level 3, Page 146)
- Student presentation
- Prophet Musa (A) Part 1 (Level 4, Page 205)
- Practice Wudhu
- Class 13 (11/12/17)
- Prophet Musa (A) Part 2 (Level 4, Page 211)
- Practice Salah
- (11/19/17) No class
- (11/26/17) No classThanksgiving
- Class 14 (12/03/17)
- Class 15 (12/10/17)
- Class 16 (12/17/17)