- Class #1 (8/14/16)
Introduction and Setting expectation for the rest of the Quarter
- Ahlulbayt and significant events that occured in their lives
- Class 2 (8/21/16)
Introduction to Najasat & Mutahiraat
- What are some things that are najis
- What is the definition of Ayn Najis?
- Who are the 14 Masomeen?
- Game to help familiarize us with thier names
- Class 3 (8/28/16)
This session was covered by Brother Ali who reviewed previously covered topics
- Class 4 (9/4/16)
Continuation of Nazajat & Mutahiraat
- What is the difference between najis and dirty?
- Can I pray when I am najis? Why?
- What is the meaning of Paak/Tahir?
- How can I clean myself to become Paak?
Prophet Muhammad (S.A.A.W)
- Who were the parents of the prophet?
- Who was the Wife of the prophet
- How old was the prophet when he started preaching the word of Allah?
- Where was the Prophet born, burried
- What can we learn from his life when it comes to patience?
- Class 5 (9/11/16)
- Taharat and Najasat Review and Quiz
- Introduction to Wudhu
- Eid Adha - Why do we celebrate it?
- Story of Prophet Ibrahim
- Made cards for parents
- Class 6 (9/18/16)
- Wudhu Continuation
- Wudhuu Quiz
-What are the 6 things we need to do before performing Salaat? Wudhu, clean/tahir body, tahir clothes, permission to pray in the area, face Qibla, it must be the right time for salaah
- Define Wajib
-Where does the water need to reach while washing your face during wudhu?
-How do I wash my right arm?
-What is the step after waching my left arm?
- What direction should you wipe your feet in?
- What happened duirng the events of Eid-e-Gadeer and Eid-e-Mubahilla?
- Why are these events so important to me as a Shia?
- What do we learn from the Holy phophet when he asked the Christians to come back in less
- Class 7 (9/25/16)
- Azaan and Iqama
- What do each of the lines mean and how many times do we recite them?
- Who was Bilal?
- Second hour was spent preparing for Assembly presentation/celebration for Eid
- Class 8 (10/2/16)
Full review of Azaan, Iqama, Namaaz and Wudhuu for comprehensive quiz the following week.
- Class 9 (10/9/16)
-How to use the bathroom.
- The Story of Ahlul Kisa
- Explored the Event of Saqifa
- Touched upon the life and death of Bibi Fatema (as)
- Why did Bibi Fatema want her funeral to be held secretly?
- Class 10 (10/16/16)
-Covered eating manners.
- Who was Imam hassan?
- Story of the old man performing Wudhoo Incorrectly
- Political situation and martyrdom
Completed worksheet in class
- Class 11 (10/23/16)
Akhlaq: Mosque Etiquettes
- Why do we come to the Mosque?
- How should we act when we are in the mosque. Ranging from how we talk to where we sit.
- What are some examples of acceptable behavior at mosque?
- What are examples of unacceptable behavior at mosque?
History: Introduction to Imam Husayn(a.s)
- Introduction to Imam Husayn
- What are the events that led up to the event of Karbala?
- Class 12 (10/30/16)
-Respect for Elders and Parents.
-Discussed examples for life of Ahlulbayt showing importance and significance of respect for elders.
-Talked about the work "UFF" and its mention in Holy Quran.
Jeopardy to review everything that was covered during this quarter
NB. Students will be given the opportunity to retake any of the quizzes assigned through the semester during the second hour of class.
- Class 13 (11/13/16)
Discussed Kerbala and the Aftermath.
What happened after kerbala?
How was Kerbala a victory for Muslims?
Madressa Event preparation
-Discussed what to present for the event.
-Decided on 3 short skits showing sacrifice.
-Split into groups and discussed the importance of sacrifice.
- Class 14 (11/20/16)
Madressa Event Preparation
-In class practice for Madressa event for first half of Class.
-Practice run in Namaaz hall for madressa event for the rest of class time.
- Class 15 (12/4/16)
- Reviewed topics covered in previous classes
- Discussed the importance of the events of Muharram and why we commemorate the events of Karbala.
- Reviewed who the 12 Imams are to prepare for quiz for next class
- Class 16 (12/11/16)
Class time was spent preparing for the Prophet's exhibition.
- Class 17 (1/8/17)
Usul-e-deen and Furu-e-deen
Discussed the Usul-e-deen and introduced the Furu-e-deen.
- Quiz on 12 Imams (not for grading)
- Discuss the life, lessons and death of the 4 Imam
- Class 18 (1/15/17)
Ijtehad and Taqlid
-Introduced the concept of Ijtehad and Taqlid
-Purpose of Taqlid
-Students had picked their Merja for Taqlid as homework.
- Quiz on 12 Imams.
- Discuss the life, lessons and death of 5th Imam.
- Class 19 (1/22/17)
- Class 20 (1/29/17)
- Class 21 (2/05/17)
- Class 22 (2/12/17)
- Class 23 (2/19/17)
- Class 24 (2/26/17)
- Class 25 (3/5/17)
-Basic overview of how to perform hajj.
-handed out hajj Map.
- Discuss the life, lessons and death of 12th Imam.
- Class 26 (3/12/17)
- Learn about the difference between a Rasool, Nabi and Imams and their different roles
- Learn about the story of Prophet Adam and Bib Hawa (Saba workbook)
- Talk about the history of Shaitan, who was he prior to the creation of P. Adam, why has be been cast out of heaven?
- Differentiated between angels, Jin and Humans.
- Class 27 (3/19/17)
- Class 28 (3/26/17)
- Class 29 (4/2/17)
- Learn about the story of Prophet Nuh, the ark and the story of his son. (Saba workbook)- highlighted the comparison that the Holy Prophet made between P. Nuh and the Ahulubayt. “The likeness of my Ahlul Bait is that of the ark of Nuh (a). He who goes into it is saved, and he who turns away from it is drowned.”
- Class 30 (4/9/17)
- Class 31 (4/16/17)
- Learn about the story of Prophet Ibrahim, Bibi Hajra, Bibi Sarah and P. Ismael (Saba workbook)- Drew correlations between the test of P. Ibrahim and our actions in Hajj.
- Covered the significance of Safa/Marwa, ZamZam, the stoning of the 3 shaitaans.
Continued to prepare for event
- Class 32 (4/23/17)
- Review material covered from throughout the year. And prepare for Wudhu and Namaaz practicals
- Class 33 (4/24/17)